We’re looking for someone who is friendly and well organised, who can volunteer about one day a week to help us co-ordinate our volunteers. We were recently awarded The Queens’ Award for Voluntary Services thanks to our incredible team of volunteers and you’ll be helping us keep in touch with them all, get the best from them, and ensure they get the best from us in return. You’ll help us find new volunteers, co-ordinate our existing volunteers and help us keep on top of the necessary paperwork.
This role will be based in the acta centre, Bedminster, BS3 3AY. You’ll have a desk in the office and have use of our other building spaces.
Hours: 7.6 hrs per week working flexibly
Reports to: acta Director and specific project managers
This is a voluntary role. Volunteer expenses, such as travel, can be remunerated
You can learn more about our current staff team and our board here: Who We Are
As this is a new role, these responsibilities can be shaped by you, but the following are the things we’re specifically looking for help with:
- To organise the recruitment, screening, training/induction and ongoing development of volunteers
- To keep accurate volunteer records, maintaining a database of volunteers, and (together with office staff) deal with the administration associated with volunteers
- To conduct DBS checks on potential volunteers as part of the screening process, in collaboration with acta’s safeguarding lead
- To create a sense of teamwork and belonging, communicating with and motivating volunteers in person, and through print and digital contexts
- To create and implement a volunteer schedule ensuring all projects are fully volunteer-staffed where needed
- To communicate with volunteers regarding the volunteer schedule
- To coordinate the activity of volunteers with a focus on our Making Time 2 project, The Creative Wellbeing Café, and Front of House duties
- To be the first point of call for acta volunteers
- Attending and reporting to company and/or project meetings where appropriate
How to apply
If you like what you’ve read, and you think you can help us then we’d love to hear from you.
You can get apply by contacting our Director, Oliver Jones, telling us who you are, why you’re interested in the role and what skills and experiences you could bring.
We’re open to receiving this in various formats – we know that written communication isn’t for everyone. You could:
- send us an email or letter
- record a short video or audio file
- create a portfolio of your skills and experiences
- anything else you can think of!
We just ask that it can be something we can review in our own time, revisit, and takes less than five minutes to read, watch, listen to, etc.
Email | email@example.com
Call us | 0117 953 2448
Social media | Twitter and Instagram @actatheatre
Postal address | acta, Gladstone St, Bedminster, BS3 3AY